Sunday, September 16, 2007

Youth Ministry - Finally


So I did it, After almost 20 years of waiting and praying I preached at our youth service tonight. It is actually our second meeting we launched last week. It was exciting to see 50+ students tonight worshiping the Lord.

I am PUMPED! It has been almost 20 years since I first felt the Lord call me into youth ministry, and now He has finally let me walk through that door. I guess most people my age are moving out of youth ministry for other focuses, I pray the Lord allows me to stay at this a long while.

any words of wisdom from those of you who have been down the Youth road?

2 comments:

theajthomas said...

Expect alot out of them and they will live up to your expectations. On the otherhand realize they are kids and they like to laugh and aren't fully mature with them. My "life verse" for youth ministry is/was 1 Thess 1:8 and that pretty much sums up my philosophy.

Robin said...

Get out! Get out while you still can!!!!



Just kidding... honestly that's awesome, but I have no advice. Let me know if you come up with any yourself.